Regional Account Manager - Trade
- Category: Sales
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: Remote - West Midlands
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.
What We’re Looking For
Do you have what it takes to become a big cog in our WD-40 Company wheel?
We are seeking an energetic, resilient Regional Account Manager for our Trade sales team in the West Midlands, who can deliver YOY sales growth and increase distribution across our brand portfolio.
Reporting directly to the Trade Sales Manager, and working closely with the UK trade sales team, this dynamic role is responsible for the implementation of WD-40 Company sales and marketing plans across wholesale and trade channels within the assigned territory to grow Sales, EBITDA and brand equity.
What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and produce a 12-month rolling regional account plans and forecasts for a defined list of top accounts. Maintain the WD-40 Company standard for account management (e.g. quarterly review, routine updates, etc.)
- Identify and open new regional trade accounts with broad direction.
- Determine new and existing customer’s needs through research and apply a broad base of technical product knowledge (features and benefits) to create and deliver solution driven value selling presentations.
- Effectively present technical product knowledge, programs, promotions, sales literature, technical information, company values etc. in a concise, coherent, consultative and convincing manner.
- Implement and deliver agreed marketing and commercial plans to grow sales.
- Support wholesalers and resellers sales and marketing plans with pull through activity
- Develop creative and feasible commercial solutions for accounts to address under performance, drive sales and profitable growth, including online presence with those accounts with e-commerce sales and e-marketing opportunities and effective merchandising.
- Drive the execution of local and national marketing promotional campaigns, support merchandising and sales literature, as needed.
- Identify, develop and maintain customer and end-user relationships to enable sustainable product sales and create new opportunities for new product lines.
- Provide monthly reporting for top accounts and on a collective basis for other direct accounts by brand and period, including analysis of promotional activity, sales trends, market trends, etc. Update and maintain accurate records of journey plans, reports and other relevant information.
- Supports merchandising, promotional activity implementation and trade shows.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- Ideally, 1+ years of relevant consumer packaged goods business development experience in relevant trade channels to include identification and opening of new business and maintenance and growth of existing customers to achieve goals.
- Sales within a wholesale automotive, hardware, industrial, and/or relevant channels
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct or indirect technical sales capacity.
Why You Should Apply
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you protection, security, and peace of mind. We offer life-enhancing health, wellness, and financial programs, including profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, and a strong pension plan. In addition, we want you to recharge and take time off, so enjoy short-day Fridays, holidays, and an additional paid week off between Christmas and the new year to spend with family and friends!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.