Finance Manager, Latin America
- Category: Finance
- Country: United States
- Location: Miami - Hybrid
As the Latin America Finance Manager, you will be the key financial business partner to the Latin America commercial and leadership teams to fuel sales and profit growth across the region. This is one of the most exciting new roles in the Americas FP&A team, as you will be on the ground floor helping to further build the business, which has been identified as a key strategic initiative for the Company.
In this highly visible and impactful role, you will analyze the business, collaborate on commercial options and scenarios with the teams, conceptualize and build excel models for decision support, and provide guidance to drive optimal business decisions. This is a career building role that offers a wealth and breadth of learning experiences – you will work on everything from pricing, new local vs. U.S. sourcing implications, promotional activity, business model conversions, and key investments. In addition you will lead planning, forecasting and reporting activities for the Latin America segment. While focused on the commercial side, you will also dabble in international accounting and tax due to the cross-border nature of the business. You will also have the opportunity to build all new Latam reporting and dashboards as we transition to a new ERP (MS Dynamics 365) and financial suite of tools/applications. The world is your oyster, and this role sets you up for a career path in both finance and commercial operations.
This role will be based out of Miami, Florida and will work a hybrid work environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Commercial decision support and ad-hoc projects for the Latin America business. This may include pricing, trade funds, sourcing changes, new distribution opportunities, customer/SKU profitability, business model conversions, key investments, cash flow, etc. Independently construct complex, well designed financial models to analyze the impact of current and proposed company initiatives.
- Monthly internal reporting and quarter end reporting packages for the Latin America business. Prepare materials for business reviews, presentations to senior leadership, and for external reporting.
- Manage the quarterly forecasting and annual plan process for Latin America including alignment of targets, processes and timelines. Responsible for the upload and validation of respective GL level detail into the Company's system. Seek process efficiencies, and train and support stakeholders with the rollout of a new planning tool.
- Responsible for transfer pricing for Latin America, including forecasting the profitability of the respective segments and determining the appropriate markup for US sourced concentrate and finished goods to reach the local target profit level for tax purposes. Maintains COGS SKU reporting that provides visibility into acquisition costs, markup, and FX impact.
- Review local entity key estimates, accruals and reconciliations in the monthly close for reasonableness.
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices across the finance team and assigned region to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of reporting, analytics and planning processes. Maximize productivity by automating reports and streamlining processes, utilizing financial systems and processes as appropriate.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- You have a strong interest in commercial operations and all facets of running a business. You have supported areas such as FP&A, Supply Chain, Sales or Marketing. You have worked in the CPG industry or the trade channels we sell into such as Retail, Industrial, Auto, Hardware, etc. 10+ years of combined experience.
- You can speak and write fluently in Spanish and English. You are interested in Latin America from both a cultural and business perspective. Experience supporting operations in Latin America is plus, but not required.
- You understand variable vs. fixed expenses and have had direct experience in COGS, such as developing SKU cost models, forecasting COGS, and reporting and analyzing COGS. Experience with FX and it’s effect on the P&L is a plus.
- You have keen analytical skills and can build Excel models from scratch to support business decisions. Models that are laid out clean and intuitive for the non-Finance user, can easily run multiple scenarios, and that have built in checks to catch any critical issues.
- You enjoy learning new systems and building reports and dashboards from scratch. Jet Reports, Power BI and D365 experience a huge plus!
- You are a critical thinker. You have a natural curiosity and keen eye, with the ability to spot areas where more digging may be needed to understand results or further vet assumptions. You are skillful in asking questions and lovingly challenging your partners so that together you reach the best path forward.
- You enjoy collaborating with non-Finance partners and building work relationships in a hybrid environment.
$94,600 – $141,000 / year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories