Technical Solutions Manager
- Category: Sales
- Country: United States
- Location: US Remote
WD-40 Corporation is a globally recognized leader in providing innovative and high-quality maintenance solutions. Our mission is to develop products that make everyday life easier and more efficient for our customers. We are seeking a motivated and results-driven Technical Solutions Manager with food grade experience to join our team and drive growth within targeted trade channels.
This role offers the flexibility of working remote.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Technical Solutions Manager at WD-40 Corporation, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities within specific trade channels. Your primary focus will be on enhancing end-user facility profitability by understanding customer needs and articulating the value of WD-40 food grade products. You will work closely with sales teams, agency partners, and distributors to develop and execute strategic plans that drive sales and market share growth.
- Perform facility audits to assess end-user needs identify WD-40 food grade product solutions that enhance facility efficiency and reduce expenses.
- Contribute to the development of annual sales goals, strategic action plans, target customer lists, and budgets.
- Conduct primary research and analysis on new business sectors and present findings to senior sales leadership.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the new business strategic plan.
- Actively seek out and initiate negotiations with prospective new customers and manage the sales process until completion.
- Thrive in an ambiguous environment and utilize disparate information to identify new business potential.
- Collaborate with Sales Director, National Account Managers, field and inside sales managers to develop customer-specific programs within the MRO, Industrial, Farm channels.
- Provide end-user insights and strategic recommendations as part of the "Grow Industry" Must Win Battle.
- Attend national trade shows and engage with prospective new customers and generating sales leads.
- Networks within new trade channel sector targets to gather intelligence and facts needed for analyzing investment of company’s time, talent and treasure.
- Facilitate sales lead follow-up with sales teams and participate in CRM activities.
- Makes new product and line extension recommendations – emphasis on food-grade portfolio.
- Conduct joint sales calls and worksite visits with sales team members, partners, and distributors to assess customer needs.
- Deliver product knowledge training sessions to end-users, distributor partners, and new customer sales teams.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Proven experience in business development, sales, or marketing roles within the industrial or maintenance industry, with a focus on food grade solutions
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Knowledge and experience with food grade regulations and certifications
- Willingness to travel extensively up to 50%
- Advanced ability to influence and understand human behavior to drive sales and open new accounts.
- Strong understanding of designated trade channels, markets, and customers (e.g., Industrial, Farm).
- Expertise in translating technical product performance into end-user benefits, establishing credibility within the industrial trade channel.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals through effective new business generation.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, maintaining strong client connections.
- Proficiency in creating and executing business development plans.
- Strong project management abilities, managing concurrent projects within budget and time constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including persuasive presentation capabilities.
- Ability to analyze markets, conduct market mapping, and identify opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field or relevant experience
$94000– $153000 / year base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account and up to 30% bonus. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- 15 vacation days
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
- Compnay car
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories