Compensation/HR Systems Intern (Part-Time)
- Category: Human Resources
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Onsite
We are seeking a motivated and detailed-oriented intern to join our dynamic, global HR team in San Diego CA. If you are eager to learn and contribute to our Compensation and HR Systems team and enjoy helping people and organizations succeed, we encourage you to apply for this internship opportunity!
In this role, you will play an important part in supporting a wide range of our global people operations projects. You will gain valuable and practical experience in the areas of global rewards including broad-based compensation, equity awards, global regulatory requirements, HRMS (Workday), and much more!
We are looking for a student able to commit to 10-15 hours/week for a minimum of 6 months, starting around mid-October 2023. Working hours/days can be flexible based on the candidate’s class schedule and availability.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Run survey data reports to assist in creating global salary structures and data submissions.
- Update global job architecture map of positions on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in the job evaluation process by finalizing job descriptions and loading them in Sharepoint and communicating with HR leaders.
- Assist in the equity grant process.
- Research service ticketing systems for HRMS requests.
- Review/Approve Workday transactions for employee lifecycle data changes including new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and more.
- Serve as the primary intake for requested reports and create/run reports as required.
- Supports Workday HCM by researching and resolving issues, testing solutions, and communicating resolution with customers.
- Provide project support of new functionality in Workday.
- Develop training documents related to Workday processes.
- Log and track tickets with Application Management System vendor for identified issues or requests.
- Create a repository of what is regulatory required in each country focused on compensation.
- Research upcoming regulations and assist in ensuring the company remains compliant with current employment laws and regulations.
- Assist with various administrative tasks, like scheduling meetings, processing invoices for new vendors, follow-up on status of projects.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Currently pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong team player with the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Critical thinking ability with a focus on independent research and strong data analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively summarize large amount of data and recognize trends.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and integrity.
- Strong skills in Microsoft products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with Workday or similar systems a plus.
- Knowledge of HR principles and practices is a plus.
This is a paid internship opportunity offering $15-$20/hour. Hourly rate is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our "why" is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching, and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products, and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories