Americas FP&A Manager, Supply Chain
- Category: Finance
- Country: United States
- Location: REMOTE OR HYBRID
In this highly visible and strategic role, you will be the key financial guru for deep understanding, decision support and planning for a >$130M+, highly complex and international COGS and Freight network. Your adept modeling and financial perspective will support leadership to make optimal supply chain network and investment decisions and appropriately forecast cost savings, capital expense projects and other initiatives. You will be their guide to the financial value, trade-offs and breakeven scenarios of decisions, incorporating a holistic view of sales risk, customer fines, and incremental costs.
As part of the FP&A team, you will keep the organization in the know of any impactful shifts that could materially impact the forecast. You will also translate sourcing information, cost trends, network assumptions and initiatives into projected acquisition costs, COGS and freight rates for all Americas segments. These outputs will support your fellow FP&A Segment Managers in forecasting their P&Ls and margins, in determining price action, and in promotion planning and decisions.
You will be the key person in the Americas to distill down complex COGS data into useful and digestible information for Americas leadership. You will own all the internal analyses and reporting of COGS and freight for the Americas in collaboration with Supply Chain and the FP&A team, driving evidence-based explanations. You will also partner with Supply Chain, Accounting and Finance leaders to align and track metrics, and monitor results for early signals that costs or operations are not trending as expected, and to move swiftly to investigate and escalate if needed.
This role will also have an accounting and coaching component. You will serve as the coach to the US Sr Cost Accountant, coaching that person on what is happening within the network and how that will impact and flow through transactions. You will review key COGS related accounting estimates and explanations to ensure they are in line with what is happening within the supply chain network, and collaborate on COGS reporting. You will serve as a facilitator between Accounting and Supply Chain, bridging needs and questions. You will also dabble in intercompany accounting due to the cross-border nature of the supply network, and the global scope of major capital initiatives. In collaboration with Corp and trade bloc financial leaders, you will explore options for appropriately accounting for and pricing intercompany components.
While this is a specialized role, the Finance Manager, Americas Supply Chain will have significant collaboration with Americas, Corp and other trade bloc finance and supply chain leaders.
LOCATION: This role offers the flexibility of working remote from Southern California, Arizona or Nevada or a hybrid schedule if located in the San Diego area.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will work for the market leader in the category, with this role supporting one of the key initiatives of the Company. Our supply chain is very dynamic with 2x growth in the number of packagers and suppliers, and cross border activity. This role is ripe with challenging and interesting projects with high visibility.
- You are not just a number at WD-40 – we have a small company feel where employees are valued and well respected, with open door access to company leaders. Your coach is the Director of Americas FP&A, and you will collaborate directly with Supply Chain directors, your fellow FP&A Managers, and the VP of Finance & Accounting for the Americas. We are a cohesive team and genuinely enjoy working together.
- We believe in developing our people. The Company offers leadership courses and commercially focused skill building programs. Within FP&A, we are looking to set up rotations to continue knowledge building and to keep your career fresh and interesting. This role sets you up for a career path in both finance and operations.
Cadence of the Role
- 50% Supply chain decision support and reviews, and ad-hoc projects for the US business.
- 10% Month-end close accounting review of US COGS and Freight areas.
- 15% Analyses and reporting of COGS and Freight for both internal and external reporting.
- 25% Financial planning and forecasting activities.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- You have previous Supply Chain analyses or Cost Accounting experience, preferably with a CPG company or other product company with an outsourced supply chain model. Experience with cost models and forecasting materials costs. 10+ years of combined experience. College degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, or related field.
- You have keen analytical skills and can build Excel models from scratch to support business decisions, appropriately modeling and understanding fixed vs. variable items. Models are laid out clean and intuitive, can easily run multiple scenarios for sensitivity analyses, and have built in checks to catch any critical issues.
- While you can think and explain “the big picture”, you are detailed in calculations and understand the importance of accuracy, as a penny “here or there” can translate into millions of dollars or be the factor for a go/no-go decision.
- You enjoy learning new systems and building reports and dashboards from scratch. Jet Reports, Power BI and D365 experience a huge plus!
- You are a critical thinker. You have a natural curiosity and keen eye, with the ability to spot areas where more digging may be needed to understand results or further vet assumptions. You are skillful in asking questions and lovingly challenging your partners so that together you reach the best path forward.
- You truly enjoy collaborating with non-Finance partners and building work relationships. While most meetings are conducted over Microsoft Teams or in person, you will need to be able to travel to key meetings when needed.
$110000 – $155000 / year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories