Channel Marketing Manager, Commercial
- Category: Marketing
- Country: United States
- Location: HYBRID OR REMOTE
This new role is an opportunity to build something amazing at an iconic company and be an integral member of taking our successes to new levels. You will lead the planning, development, and execution of the U.S. channel marketing strategy across assigned channels; working in harmony with marketing and sales teams to drive incremental growth and achieve defined revenue and EBITDA goals.
You understand relevant insights to know what products to sell and why, how, and where to sell within assigned channels, including various multistep partners. Your insightful working knowledge of the intricacies that influence both the account and end user needs drive success of the business. Having a deep understanding of various sales and marketing tools, loyalty programs, digital content, industry engagement, category management principles, customer promotions, and presentation development is in your veins, and you thrive on bringing everything/everyone together and bridging the gaps.
This position has the option of working remotely within the United States or working a hybrid schedule if based in the San Diego area.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the development and implementation of U.S. Channel Marketing fiscal and multi-year (1 ½ to 3-year) omni strategies across assigned channels.
- Collaboratively lead and build strategic business plans supported by relevant consumer insights, solid financial data analysis and growth potential.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and coordination of in-store promotions and account specific SKU programs across all brands (instore and online) to increase brand awareness and achieve EBITDA and sales goals.
- Responsible for leading the SKU assortment strategy across designated channels, by developing plans around SKU optimization, packaging requirements and product assortment in alignment with customer needs.
- Direct the development of channel and account activation plans through the prioritization and execution of account specific marketing activities with alignment from brand, digital, sales and other cross functional teams.
- Lead relationship development and strategy for account-based commercial divisions
- Create authentic partnerships and tell the story of WD-40 brands creating interconnected stores for them online and in-store.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales teams integrate key marketing initiatives into channel and account plans, considering customers KPIs, timelines, pricing and promotional strategies.
- Lead campaign strategies across multiple channels, to include program development, customer engagement, activation, cross-channel assortment, sampling, trade show strategy and execution.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 7+ years’ experience leading strategic 5-year sales and/or marketing in the CPG industry.
- Experience across multiple facets of a marketing in the commercial arena; specifically hardware, industrial, automotive
- History of exceptional leadership skills providing the guidance, direction, and vision for supporting short- and long-term company objectives.
- Natural curiosity, a sense of adventure and the ability to adapt and be nimble.
- Keen business sense and a robust financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to positively collaborate and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, finance, communications, or related field. MSEL or MBA preferred.
$112000 - $140000 / year includes base salary plus 10% - 15% profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account. Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Medical insurance, 80-95% company-paid premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories