Global Learning & Development Intern (Part-Time)
- Category: Human Resources
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Onsite
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Human Resources Intern to join our team, with a specific focus on applied learning initiatives within the Human Resources department. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various HR functions while contributing to the development and execution of our learning and development programs. This internship will provide you with valuable exposure to talent development, employee training, and problem-solving within a fast-paced corporate environment.
In this role, you will play an important part in supporting a growing function dedicated toward helping the organization learn and grow. You will gain valuable and practical experience in the areas of learning strategy, program management, course creation and more!
We are looking for a student able to commit to 10-15 hours/week for a minimum of 6 months, starting around January 2024. Working hours/days can be flexible based on the candidate’s class schedule and availability.
What You’ll Be Doing
Learning and Development Programs:
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of employee learning and development programs, including workshops, webinars, and e-learning initiatives.
- Collaborate with HR team members to identify training needs and design training materials based on identified gaps or organizational priorities.
- Support the evaluation of training programs by collecting feedback, analyzing effectiveness, and recommending improvements.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of measurements for learning engagement to include:
- Knowledge retention rates; etc.
- Assist in exploration and deployment of technology such as gamification, AI, etc.
- Help facilitate sessions, including presenting information, answering questions, and providing guidance to users.
Learning Effectiveness Data:
- Support the administration of data collection, inclusive of feedback mechanisms, to gather insights on learning velocity and effectiveness.
- Assist in analyzing survey data, identifying trends, and preparing reports or presentations to share findings with HR and management teams.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of action plans based on survey results to improve learning effectiveness and impact.
Problem Solving and Process Improvement:
- Collaborate with HR team members to identify areas for process improvement within learning and development initiatives.
- Participate in projects focused on streamlining training processes, enhancing content delivery, and leveraging technology to optimize learning experiences.
- Assist in researching and implementing innovative learning solutions, such as gamification, microlearning, or digital platforms.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Instructional Design, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Strong interest in talent development, employee training, and learning initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a proactive and innovative approach to finding solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to create engaging training materials and present information effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable learning new software or digital platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
- Enthusiasm for learning and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Knowledge of HR principles and practices is a plus.
This is a paid internship opportunity offering $15-$20/hour. Hourly rate is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our "why" is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching, and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products, and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories